|John Terelak, "Evening Light"'Fifty Years At the Easel'|
As the North Shore Arts Association brings its 2015 Exhibition Season to a close, we extend a heartfelt "thank you" to our loyal patrons and supporters, our outstanding artist and associate members, our colleagues and partners at Ocean Alliance, Rocky Neck Art Colony, Rockport Art Association, SeARTS, Marblehead Arts Association, Mrs. Nan Blue, Nella and Steve Lush, Mr. John Terelak, Mr. Frank Kaminski of Kaminski Auctions, the Antique Appraisal Day appraisers, Colleene Fesko, Virginia Salem, James Callahan, Peter Murphy and so many more artists, individuals, business and corporate entities, each contributing in very special ways, to make the NSAA 2015 Exhibition Season a resounding success!
We are already hard at work planning a full roster of exciting and groundbreaking exhibitions and events for 2016:
- A joint venture between Ocean Alliance of Gloucester and the North Shore Arts Association culminating in a fundraising art exhibition and science-based lecture series investigating the health of the world's oceans and the sustainability of the amazing creatures who inhabit this endangered environment. Ocean Alliance has donated 86 original roof slates from Gloucester's historic Paint Manufactory building to used by NSAA artists as canvases in the themed exhibition with both non-profits sharing equally the proceeds of the fundraising event.
- NSAA is pleased to have been selected to host the annual New England Watercolor Society Exhibition which brings together the myriad talents of NEWS artist members, many of whom are also NSAA artist members, and NSAA will be the venue for the NEWS sponsored Mary White Watercolor Workshop, led by the internationally renowned watercolorist, Mary White.
- The North Shore Arts Association will present an exhibition entitled "Icons of Cape Ann" which will celebrate the rich cultural and artistic heritage of Cape Ann and that of our own institution as we approach our centennial year.
- The North Shore Art Association Annual Fundraising Auction to be held on Massachusetts' "tax free" weekend.
- The Antique & Arts Appraisal Day, with the return of the fabulous appraisal team of Colleen Fesko, Virginia Salem, James Callahan, and Peter Murphy!
See you in the Spring!Special Exhibition Highlights from the 2015 Season:Bob Blue, "Gloucester Morning"
Bob Blue Retrospective Exhibition 'Gloucester and Beyond'Jim Gibbons, "Looking Out"
'New Artist Members Exhibition'
Jody Regan"Watercolor Sketch"
'North Greets South Paint Out'
Jack Jones, "From Back Beach"
'Selections From the NSAA Museum Collection'
NSAA Annual Fundraising Art Auction